- Dunnington Baptist Church
- B49 5NX
We are a small and welcoming community of disciples of Jesus Christ. We meet in the church buildings of the Baptist Church in Dunnington, on Tothall Lane.
We are members of the Heart of England Baptist Association.
We are a diverse but unified group of people many with long years of serving as disciples, but some more recent followers of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1. That God is represented to us eternally through the three persons of the trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. That God's love, grace and sovereignty created, sustained, and continues to rule, and redeem the world.
3. The divine inspiration of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God-fully trustworthy for faith and conduct. We also believe that the supreme authority of matters of faith lies with the teaching and authority of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to be loved and cherished.
5. The incarnation of God's eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ - born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: so reconciling us with God and for ever defeating sin and death.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10.The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers - given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11.The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, and establish a new heaven and new earth.